1. For sessions of more than one person, take some time to coordinate clothing. This does not mean show up wearing white shirts and jeans, but rather look at the colors, styles and fit of the clothes to see if they will look good together. Neutral clothing with colors such a blues, blacks and greys with a little pop of color like a statement necklace, some colorful shoes or a jacket with touches of color can be a fantastic way to go. Another route would be to pick a specific color and wear some variation of it without matching exactly.
2. Do your best to relax, what ever relaxes you, may it be your partner holding your hand, a nice warm cup of coffee or maybe a nice work out (well before) your shoot. Give it some thought and do your best to come to the shoot looking and feeling relaxed. It will show in your photos!
3. Ladies, if you feel less than confident in your hair and make up skills, talk to me about my fantastic make up artist who can meet with you before the shoot to make sure you are looking flawless and stunning. This can give you an incredible confidence boost and ensure your photos look amazing!
4. Bring a change of clothes or two, this will ensure you do not regret your clothing choices or get tired of seeing yourself wearing the same thing photo after photo. Even changing your jacket, shoes or accessories can change up your look dramatically.
5. Don’t come hungry! Sessions typically last 1-2 hours depending on the type of shoot and no one likes to feel those hunger pangs while trying to pose.
6. As you smile have a GREAT time at our session, your cheeks and jaw may get a little tired or tense and it can be seen in your photos. Try pushing your tongue against your top front teeth as you smile, this forces your jaw to relax and helped you look amazing!!
7. Put some thought into your session while planning the location, someplace that has significances to you will make for a stronger, more touching photo to look back on. If you are a couple this could be the place you had your first date, or a place you love to spend time.
8. Props can add to a photo significantly, bring something you love or something that will add to the fun and beauty of your photos.