How cute are these photos? I had such a wonderful afternoon on the Portland Waterfront with Andrea and her adorable son Jackson. We spent the whole time running around the shore looking for treasures and taking breaks to get some cute pictures and cuddles in. Talk about my kind of shoot!
I typically don’t shoot kids or families, but around this time of the year I make exceptions for a few super awesome people! From these shoots I’ve picked up a few tricks and tips to a fun session with kiddos.
1. Stay calm and relaxed, no matter the age, if you are stressed out it will stress everyone else out.
2. Be flexible and accept that kids will be happier and smile more if you allow them to play a little too.
3. Don’t shoot early in the morning, late at night or during their nap time. A sleepy kid usually equals a cranky kid.
4. Smile and have fun, they may follow suit.
5. The occasional bribe works wonders! Offering candy, their favorite food or a fun outing can make a big difference.